Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera -24.2MP -1080P Video -3.2" Vari-Angle LCD -WiFi & AF-P DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens [B02817744G]
10-25 Working Days Worldwide Shipment
The black Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera features a DX-format 24.2 megapixel sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD video with notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 12800 and a fast continuous shooting rate of 5 fps. The sensor design omits the traditional optical low-pass filter in order to gain the utmost sharpness and resolution from both photos and videos. Complementing the imaging assets are both a versatile 39-point autofocus system, with nine cross-type sensors, and a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor for precise exposure metering in a wide variety of lighting conditions. Additionally, 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported, in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps, with full-time continuous auto focusing capabilities.
The compact, yet durably designed, camera body incorporates both an optical pentamirror optical viewfinder along with a large 3.2" 1,037k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor, which features a 180° swivel design to better support working from high and low angles. Also integrated into the D5300 are both Wi-Fi and GPS modules, which enable advanced image sharing capabilities as well as location-based image tagging. When paired with an Android or iOS mobile device, remote viewing and control over the shutter release is possible from a distance and a vast network of pre-populated Points of Interest adds to the overall geotagging functionality.
For creatively enhancing the look and feel of imagery in-camera, a wide range of Picture Control modes, Scene Modes, and Special Effects modes are available as well as a host of in-camera image editing capabilities for adjusting settings prior to sharing. Built-in HDR and Active D-Lighting modes can also be used to optimize exposure results by preserving highlight and shadow details for an extended range of apparent tones.
This is a refurbished item and comes with a 90-day warranty.
24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
The 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 processor work together to produce overall high image quality with notable detail, dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 12800, which is further expandable to ISO 25600. Additionally, the sensor's design omits an optical low-pass filter in order to acquire the greatest amount of sharpness and detail from subjects. The EXPEED 4 processor also enables a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including support for full HD 1080p movie recording and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps.
Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor
Benefitting the high image quality is an apt AF system that employs 39 distinct AF points, including nine cross-type sensors, to quickly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions, from -1 to +19 EV. A unique 3D-tracking mode utilizes the 2,016-pixel RGB sensor, typically reserved for exposure metering, in order to maintain sharp focus on moving subjects. To better suit specific subject matters when working in AF-A or AF-C focus modes, Dynamic-area AF mode allows you to choose from 9, 21, or 39-point arrays for enhanced subject tracking and recognition, even if the subject briefly leaves the frame. Single-point AF, 3D-tracking, and Auto-area AF modes are also available.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better suit working with moving subjects. Additionally, four AF-area modes are available when working in live view: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the D5300 features built-in Wi-Fi and GPS modules to enable seamless transferring of imagery as well as geotagging functionality. Once the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility app has been installed on an Android or iOS mobile device, you can use that device to browse the contents of the memory card, select images, and seamlessly transfer files between devices for immediate sharing online. Additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
The integrated GPS functionality can be used to assign locational data to all image files for geotagging purposes and for plotting imagery to an interactive map. Points of Interest can also be found using this information to further aid in efficient location-based tagging.
Even while maintaining an overall compact form-factor, the D5300 integrates a large 3.2" 1,037k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor, which features a 180° swivel design to better suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. Alternatively, a bright pentamirror optical viewfinder is also integrated into the design for precise eye-level viewing and real-time monitoring of subjects.
A built-in pop-up flash is also available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions and supports Nikon's i-TTL flash metering system. A hot shoe can be used, too, for connection and optional external flash for even greater lighting control.
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II utilizes a 2016-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, to quickly determine an accurate exposure and white balance setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked against onboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking AF performance.
Full HD Movie Recording
Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in 60, 30, 25, and 24 fps frame rates, as well as HD 720p and SD 480p in multiple frame rates, in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. During recording, full-time autofocus can be employed, with face-detection and subject-tracking capabilities, for ensured sharpness with a wide variety of subject types.
A built-in stereo microphone can be used to record high-quality sound or, alternatively, a microphone input is integrated into the body design to support the use of an external microphone for enhanced control over audio recordings.
AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lenses
Included with the camera body is the standard zoom AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-82.5mm. Featuring an integrated pulse stepping motor, this lens exhibits exceptionally smooth, fast, and quiet autofocus performance to suit both stills and video recording. The optical design incorporates a pair of aspherical elements and a Super Integrated Coating is also featured to suppress lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, this lens also features Vibration Reduction image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake when shooting handheld.
Also included with camera is the telephoto zoom AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED lens, which covers a 105-450mm equivalent zoom range. This lens incorporates one extra-low dispersion glass element into its optical design to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to provide greater clarity and color fidelity. A Super Integrated Coating is featured on this lens, too, to limit ghosting and flare when working in strong lighting conditions.
Other Camera Features
- Picture Control modes can be directly accessed via a dedicated button and allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera, and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- RAW (NEF) files can be recorded as lossless compressed or compressed at either 12 or 14-bit depth.
- Built-in HDR works to extend the tonal and exposure range of a single image by recording two separate exposures and blending them together in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details with an extended range of mid-tones.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 4 processor's power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Scene Auto Selector is an automatic mode that intelligently identifies your subject and shooting scenario, selects a proper Scene Mode to apply, and adjusts exposure settings to best render the scene at hand.
- Scene Modes: Autumn Colors, Beach / Snow, Blossom, Candlelight, Child, Close-up, Dusk / Dawn, Food, Landscape, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party / Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Sports, and Sunset.
- Special Effects Modes: Night vision, Color sketch, Toy camera, Miniature effect, Selective color, Silhouette, High key, Low key, and HDR painting.
- In-Camera Image Editing Features: Color Balance, Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Edit Movie, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, and Trim.
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.